Please help us keep up-to-date on this. If a new one shows up or an old one goes away … please let us know.
- Near campus, you can check out Sholz Garten at 8 PM and downtown has the Iron Bear at 8.
- Over on the east side, Shangri-La trivia starts at 7.
- Just south of the lake, The Upper Decks sports bar has trivia starting at 7 and Gourdoughs Public House starts at 8 PM.
- 400 Rabbits (8PM) is down south in the Slaughter Alamo Drafthouse
There is lots of trivia on Tuesday night.
- Up in Cedar Park at Dig Pub they start with questions at 7:30. In Round Rock, Westside Alehouse starts at 8 PM. A little further south, Brick House Tavern + Tap starts at 8.
- Central Austin has The Goodnight at 8.
- Out west, How Do You Roll? has trivia at 6 and free food for a prize.
- Flying Saucer (7:30) and Pinthouse Pizza (8 PM) are in the Hyde Park area. You can get started on their selection of over 200 beers while you answer questions. And right on The Drag near campus is the Mellow Mushroom (8 PM) and the appropriately named Drag Bar (7 PM).
- The downtown area has several options. Opal Divine’s (Freehouse) (8PM) and Fado’s Irish Pub (7:30 PM) are both in the heart of downtown. Side Bar (8 PM) is a little closer to 35.
- Once you cross over Lady Bird Lake, you can head to Gibson (8 PM), Corner Bar (8 PM), Ego’s (8 PM). Jo’s Coffee Shop (7 PM) has trivia on South Congress.
- Finally, if you head all the way south you check out Red’s Porch (8 PM), the South Austin Baker St Pub and Grill (8 PM) on Lamar, Doc’s Backyard (8:30) on Brodie, or Moontower Saloon (8 PM) at Manchaca and Slaughter.
- Wednesday is by far the most popular night to host trivia. Every Pluckers (7:30) location is doing trivia and they have locations all over Austin. One is near you. The only exception is the Lakeline location, they don’t do it.
- In central Austin, you can head to Mister Tramps (8 PM) right off of 183. There is trivia at Wings-N-More (7 PM) too. You can also check on Billy’s on Burnet (7 PM) right off of….well….Burnet.
- Near Hyde Park, the Waterloo (on 38th) (8 PM) is an option. Closer to campus, Posse East (7 PM) is an option.
- A little closer to downtown is The Tavern (8 PM) which is relatively popular sports bar in town.
- Several places do trivia in downtown proper as well. BD Riley’s (7:30 PM), Ginger Man (8 PM), and Trifecta on 3rd (8 PM) cover the west side of downtown. Gourmands (8 PM) and Violet Crown Social Club (8 PM) have you covered on the east side.
- Trivia options really start to decrease on Thursday. Canary Roost (8 PM) and Wings N More (7 PM) are up north.
- Nomad Bar (8 PM) and in.gredients (7 PM) are a bit more central and just east of 35.
- The Grackle (8 PM) is on east side of downtown.
- Spinners does trivia up north starting at 7 PM.
- The Black Star Co-op (8 PM) is a neat brewery concept in central Austin
- Hole in the Wall (8 PM) is a dive bar right on The Drag where you can get your trivia on.
- Ego’s (8 PM) is normally a karaoke spot but they turn the mic over to questions on Sundays on South Congress.
- Even further south is Strange Brew (7 PM).
Map of Trivia Locations
Its color coded by day of the week.
- Dark Blue – Monday
- Red – Tuesday
- Green – Wednesday
- Light Blue – Thursday
- Yellow – Saturday
- Purple – Sunday
Again … PLEASE let me know if I missed anything
View Pub and Bar Trivia in a larger map